At StratComm we’re always looking for good people who fit seamlessly into the controlled chaos.
We seek the early risers, the go-getters, and the multitaskers. The people with high energy and extreme attention to detail, who can manage multiple tasks on a tight deadline with enthusiasm and a sense of humor. StratComm staff members are smart, savvy, and enjoy a challenge.
And we can promise, it is not just a nine-to-five position. From late night calls with clients in Indonesia to early morning emails from court recorders across New England, we don’t rest until the job is complete and the client is satisfied.
If you feel you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
Strategic Communications (StratComm), based in Natick, Mass., is a project management firm providing technology solutions, training, content development, and advanced business consulting services. Now celebrating our 40th year in business, we serve the needs of Fortune 500 companies, 18 federal agencies, and all branches of the Armed Forces.
We manage large, high-profile, often mission-critical programs worldwide for leading organizations such as IBM, VMware, Goldman Sachs, the U.S. Navy, the U.S Air Force, the U.S. Department of State, Department of Veterans Affairs, USAID, Treasury, and many other prominent companies and government agencies.
We develop and subsequently manage complex programs for the federal government utilizing emerging technologies to develop innovative solutions for our clients. Examples of our work include online training and testing programs for VA and for hundreds of U.S. Embassies worldwide, providing federal courtroom hearing monitor services to the Social Security Administration, and procuring and delivering thousands of pallets of educational supplies worldwide for USAID and the U.S. Department of State.
Our headquarters house a core team of seasoned professionals who manage a large number of offsite contractors. As a team, we interact with clients spanning many different sectors, projects, and communications challenges; to succeed, we rely on each and every member of the team. We are agile, high-energy, innovative, and believe positive teamwork and open communication leads to the development of creative solutions to the most complex challenges. At StratComm, we all have a very strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit—and most importantly, a sense of humor.
- Accounting/Finance Manager
- 508 Remediation Specialist
- Assistant Project Manager
- Verbatim Hearing Recorders
Job Announcement: Accounting/Finance Manager
StratComm seeks an Accounting/Finance Manager who will oversee the accurate development and reporting of the company’s financials on a monthly basis. This position carries out responsibilities in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, and general ledger. The person in this position will recommend, create, improve, and implement internal controls as well as accounting processes and procedures for the company.
As a key member of the company’s management team, the Accounting/Finance Manager will also play a critical role in analyzing and assessing new business opportunities. The person in this position is responsible for developing pricing and profitability models, analytical tools, and reporting. He/she will work with both the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Operations to review new business (project) opportunities, and will model and develop other tools to support the identification of opportunities and improve project profitability forecasting.
This position requires a reliable, high-energy, detail-oriented worker with a positive, optimistic attitude, who can align financial operations with the business objectives of a rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization that is expected to triple revenue in the next three years. The right candidate is a team player who takes ownership, has a “worry-factor,” and will invest whatever time and energy is required to see a job through.
- Pricing and profitability analysis
- Cash flow projections
- Strategic planning and development and maintenance of systems, models, data, and/or reports to support these functions
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations
- Monitors cash balance and updates cash activities within QuickBooks
- Works with HR Manager to process payroll on a semi-monthly basis, and ensures proper posting into the GL
- Processes payroll tax reporting as required by government regulations
- Processes invoices, employee expense reimbursements, and credit card payments
- Ensures expenses are properly classified within QuickBooks
- Verifies key vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Assists with preparing monthly invoices, cash collections, and cash posting, and makes necessary collection calls
- Maintains accurate accrual of revenue and expenses on a monthly basis
- Produces financial statements on a monthly basis, and ad hoc financial reports
- Tracks and reports profitability of projects monthly and as requested
- Maintains financial reporting requirements as required by federal contracts
- Works with company’s CPA to file taxes and pay quarterly estimated taxes
- Stays up to date with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practices) to ensure compliance of the company’s accounting practices
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Provides support and assistance to the Director of Operations as needed
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing accounting operations, including accounts receivable/payable and payroll. Proficiency in QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office applications (including proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel) on a PC required. Familiarity and experience with NICRA (Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement) in government contracting and federal regulations regarding reporting and invoicing is preferred.
- Financial/project knowledge and analysis
- Experience conducting quantitative, financial, or business analysis
- Financial/new business modeling
- Experience with high-impact, high-volume, fast-paced projects and initiatives
- Understanding of theoretical and practical accounting and finance concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in analytical spreadsheet skills and data manipulation
- Comfortable asking challenging questions, yet collaborating for the success of the business
Job Announcement: 508 Remediation Specialist
StratComm seeks Information Technology (IT) professionals with experience in Section 508 and W3C WCAG Accessibility assessments, remediation, and testing for immediate contract positions. As a remediation specialist, you must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG 2.1 best practices for electronic documents (e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in order to both accurately identify accessibility issues, identify potential accessibility barriers and violations, and to remediate documents against current standards to compliance.
Experience in accessibility-related user interface (UI) best practices for web sites, mobile device applications, and software applications desired but not required.
- Perform complete audits and validation testing on documents, based upon Section 508 and/or W3C WCAG accessibility guidelines.
- Remediate MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and PDF documents.
- Remediate HTML a plus.
- Use Assistive Technologies, such as screen reader software (JAWS, WindowEyes), and Accessibility test tools.
- Write detailed findings to document identified issues and recommend potential solutions and best practices for remediation of accessibility violations.
- Interact with clients to help educate them on accessibility issues and guide them through the process of remediating authoring documents (Word, InDesign, etc.).
- Assist in writing proposals, estimating, and evaluating documents for intake.
- Experience testing electronic documents (PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Section 508 compliance.
- Excellent written communication skills for heavy documentation; verbal communication skills for client facing training and support.
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, human computer interaction, or related field a plus.
- Knowledge of Section 508 requirements for IT software and hardware.
- Familiarity with Federal Government accessibility testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML semantics/tagging, hyperlink integrity, and remediation of Section 508 accessibility issues a plus.
- Experience working effectively with several clients or project teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- IAAP CPACC Certification is ideal
- Experience with Netcentric’s Commonlook Global PDF Access a plus
Job Announcement: Assistant Project Manager
StratComm seeks a high-energy assistant project manager eager to wear many hats. Must be local and available to work in our Natick office.
Immediate opening for a very high-energy, extremely well-organized assistant project manager who is able to manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines and learn quickly.
This job requires a go-getter who takes ownership of a project and will allow nothing to slip through the cracks, someone who is extremely reliable and doesn’t need to be micromanaged, someone who has a “worry-factor” and will invest whatever time and energy is required to see a job through.
This extremely detail-oriented person should have a positive attitude, an enthusiastic demeanor, and a willingness to take on challenges. He/She should be a solutions-oriented self-starter who is able to adjust to the rhythm of the office and its workflow: some days will be calmer while others can be harried.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, this person should be comfortable working with clients, staff members, vendors, freelance writers, designers, technologists, contractors, and whomever the company interfaces with. He/She should be able to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, build rapport with clients and contractors, exhibit excellent attention to detail, and be comfortable working with data. In addition, this individual should possess excellent interpersonal skills, an exemplary phone manner, and strong organizational skills.
As a company with a small in-house staff, it is important that every member of the team shares a positive attitude and has an entrepreneurial spirit. No job is too big or too small for the assistant project manager. This is not always a 9 to 5 job; the assistant project manager must be someone who is willing to stay until the job is done.
This person should be reasonably comfortable when dealing with technology. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required and Adobe Professional on a PC or Mac platform is preferred. Previous staff scheduling experience a plus.
Through it all, the assistant project manager must have a can-do attitude, enjoy the variety, relate well with all levels of management and, most important, have a willingness to learn and the ability to remain calm when unexpected situations arise. To succeed, this individual should be eager to learn and not easily discouraged by challenges.
Job Announcement: Verbatim Hearing Recorders (Part-Time Position)
StratComm, Inc. manages Verbatim Hearing Recorder (VHR) services (similar to Court Recording) for the Social Security Administration's Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR). We are seeking dependable and detail-oriented people to work part time in these freelance positions to record the proceedings and take notes during SSA appeal hearings held at ODAR locations. The hearings are scheduled one month in advance.
- Learning the required procedures and the use of the equipment and software
- Escorting claimants to the hearing room, ensuring they understand the process of the
- Setting up the digital recording equipment and ensuring it is functioning properly prior to the start of each
- Operating the equipment and annotating the digital recording in order to provide an index of events during the hearing
- Submitting a complete and audible digital recording of the hearing, including exhibits offered by the claimant or representative.
Candidates must be comfortable with technology, including the use of computers, digital recording equipment, teleconferencing equipment, and smartphones. Excellent typing skills (minimum 30wpm), a professional demeanor, and good communication and listening skills are essential. Candidates must display compassion when dealing with claimants and maintain the confidentiality of their personal information. This position requires vehicle ownership for certain locations and a smartphone, since reliable transportation and communication with the home office and Team Lead is critical. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time position. Previous experience as a transcriptionist is helpful, but not required.
Training will be provided. It will be necessary to apply for and obtain a security clearance, which will include fingerprinting. StratComm will assist in this process.
StratComm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.
- High school or equivalent
We are currently seeking candidates in several locations across the country.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.