At StratComm we’re always looking for good people who fit seamlessly into the controlled chaos.
We seek the early risers, the go-getters, and the multitaskers. The people with high energy and extreme attention to detail, who can manage multiple tasks on a tight deadline with enthusiasm and a sense of humor. StratComm staff members are smart, savvy, and enjoy a challenge.
And we can promise, it is not just a nine-to-five position. From late night calls with clients in Indonesia to early morning emails from court recorders across New England, we don’t rest until the job is complete and the client is satisfied.
If you feel you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
Strategic Communications (StratComm), based in Natick, Mass., is a project management firm providing technology solutions, training, content development, and advanced business consulting services. Now celebrating our 40th year in business, we serve the needs of Fortune 500 companies, 18 federal agencies, and all branches of the Armed Forces.
We manage large, high-profile, often mission-critical programs worldwide for leading organizations such as IBM, VMware, Goldman Sachs, the U.S. Navy, the U.S Air Force, the U.S. Department of State, Department of Veterans Affairs, USAID, Treasury, and many other prominent companies and government agencies.
We develop and subsequently manage complex programs for the federal government utilizing emerging technologies to develop innovative solutions for our clients. Examples of our work include online training and testing programs for VA and for hundreds of U.S. Embassies worldwide, providing federal courtroom hearing monitor services to the Social Security Administration, and procuring and delivering thousands of pallets of educational supplies worldwide for USAID and the U.S. Department of State.
Our headquarters house a core team of seasoned professionals who manage a large number of offsite contractors. As a team, we interact with clients spanning many different sectors, projects, and communications challenges; to succeed, we rely on each and every member of the team. We are agile, high-energy, innovative, and believe positive teamwork and open communication leads to the development of creative solutions to the most complex challenges. At StratComm, we all have a very strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit—and most importantly, a sense of humor.
- Business Development Manager
- 508 Remediation Specialist
- Assistant Project Manager
- Verbatim Hearing Recorders
Job Announcement: Business Development Manager
StratComm seeks a high-energy Business Development Manager (BDM) who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Must be available to work daily in our Natick office.
This newly created business development position requires someone with a blend of right-brain creativity and left-brain analytical skills, combined with a strong interest in technology. It is an exciting opportunity for the right individual – someone who brings new perspectives and experiences and who wants to dive into diverse types of projects regardless of the size and scope.
The position requires someone whois a self-starter with an ability to learn and adapt quickly to a vast array of opportunities with new and existing clients. Someone who requires little to no supervision, has a “worry-factor,” and will invest whatever time and energy is required to see proposals through to completion. Our programs are at work worldwide and our clients rely on us to provide quick answers and solutions, no matter what time of day they’re needed.
The successful candidate will be extremely well-organized, manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines, and leverage their experience in targeting the federal government to market, identify, develop, qualify, and capture new business opportunities. The BDM will use their knowledge and awareness of the federal services sector to grow the company.
The BDM will report directly to the COO and will be responsible for measurable growth through sales in the services sector.
● Lead business development and client management efforts, including initiating calls to prospective clients; prepare capability briefs and information packets; and conduct client meetings to uncover and/or create opportunities that lead to new business and expand relationships
● Analyze government marketplace to identify business opportunities that match company capabilities and experience
● Identify teaming partners whose expertise would be beneficial to support a proposal submission
● Conduct capture planning, and manage proposal preparation, submission, closure, and follow-up
● Use consultative selling techniques to better understand customer desires and thus create customer-centric solutions
● Develop and implement multi-dimensional and prioritized customer contact plans and sales pipelines
● Proficiency in the bid and proposal process; technical writing, pricing, and staff planning skills are a must
● Work with company staff to ensure all appropriate resources are utilized to respond to requests for proposals
● Identify and establish relationships with key government agencies and decision makers
● Analyze proposal win/loss, lessons learned, and related process improvements
● Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars as required
This could become a director-level position for a candidate with requisite experience.
● Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful capture plans for federal government contracts that includes strategic planning skills, proposal writing, and developing and managing marketing, bid, and proposal budgets
● Knowledge and experience of federal & defense industry contracting with an understanding of FAR/DFAR
● Bachelor’s degree in a field of study relevant to this position (business, marketing, etc.)
● Knowledge and experience with program management, planning, and execution
● Proven ability to function with minimal supervision
● Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, Acrobat, as well as social media tools
● Ability to work additional hours during peak times
● Professional demeanor with excellent written and oral communication skills for interaction with all levels within the organization, as well as clients and vendors
● Must be proactive and able to multi-task, prioritize, and handle a broad range of activities
● Proven track record in penetrating and closing contracts with federal agencies
● Verifiable record of business growth
● Ability to travel if needed
● U.S. citizen and have or can obtain and maintain a security clearance
● Master’s degree in a business-related field of study
● Experience with GovWin, FedBizOpps, FedConnect, FedBid, GSA, and/or similar systems
● Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system or similar tool(s)
Please submit resume, cover letter, and link to LinkedIn page if available. No calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: competitive, based on experience
Job Announcement: 508 Remediation Specialist
StratComm seeks Information Technology (IT) professionals with experience in Section 508 and W3C WCAG Accessibility assessments, remediation, and testing for immediate contract positions. As a remediation specialist, you must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG 2.1 best practices for electronic documents (e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in order to both accurately identify accessibility issues, identify potential accessibility barriers and violations, and to remediate documents against current standards to compliance.
Experience in accessibility-related user interface (UI) best practices for web sites, mobile device applications, and software applications desired but not required.
- Perform complete audits and validation testing on documents, based upon Section 508 and/or W3C WCAG accessibility guidelines.
- Remediate MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and PDF documents.
- Remediate HTML a plus.
- Use Assistive Technologies, such as screen reader software (JAWS, WindowEyes), and Accessibility test tools.
- Write detailed findings to document identified issues and recommend potential solutions and best practices for remediation of accessibility violations.
- Interact with clients to help educate them on accessibility issues and guide them through the process of remediating authoring documents (Word, InDesign, etc.).
- Assist in writing proposals, estimating, and evaluating documents for intake.
- Experience testing electronic documents (PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Section 508 compliance.
- Excellent written communication skills for heavy documentation; verbal communication skills for client facing training and support.
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, human computer interaction, or related field a plus.
- Knowledge of Section 508 requirements for IT software and hardware.
- Familiarity with Federal Government accessibility testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML semantics/tagging, hyperlink integrity, and remediation of Section 508 accessibility issues a plus.
- Experience working effectively with several clients or project teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- IAAP CPACC Certification is ideal
- Experience with Netcentric’s Commonlook Global PDF Access a plus
Job Announcement: Assistant Project Manager
StratComm seeks a high-energy assistant project manager eager to wear many hats. Must be local and available to work in our Natick office.
Immediate opening for a very high-energy, extremely well-organized assistant project manager who is able to manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines and learn quickly.
This job requires a go-getter who takes ownership of a project and will allow nothing to slip through the cracks, someone who is extremely reliable and doesn’t need to be micromanaged, someone who has a “worry-factor” and will invest whatever time and energy is required to see a job through.
This extremely detail-oriented person should have a positive attitude, an enthusiastic demeanor, and a willingness to take on challenges. He/She should be a solutions-oriented self-starter who is able to adjust to the rhythm of the office and its workflow: some days will be calmer while others can be harried.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, this person should be comfortable working with clients, staff members, vendors, freelance writers, designers, technologists, contractors, and whomever the company interfaces with. He/She should be able to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, build rapport with clients and contractors, exhibit excellent attention to detail, and be comfortable working with data. In addition, this individual should possess excellent interpersonal skills, an exemplary phone manner, and strong organizational skills.
As a company with a small in-house staff, it is important that every member of the team shares a positive attitude and has an entrepreneurial spirit. No job is too big or too small for the assistant project manager. This is not always a 9 to 5 job; the assistant project manager must be someone who is willing to stay until the job is done.
This person should be reasonably comfortable when dealing with technology. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required and Adobe Professional on a PC or Mac platform is preferred. Previous staff scheduling experience a plus.
Through it all, the assistant project manager must have a can-do attitude, enjoy the variety, relate well with all levels of management and, most important, have a willingness to learn and the ability to remain calm when unexpected situations arise. To succeed, this individual should be eager to learn and not easily discouraged by challenges.
Job Announcement: Verbatim Hearing Recorders (Part-Time Position)
StratComm, Inc. manages Verbatim Hearing Recorder (VHR) services (similar to Court Recording) for the Social Security Administration's Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR). We are seeking dependable and detail-oriented people to work part time in these freelance positions to record the proceedings and take notes during SSA appeal hearings held at ODAR locations. The hearings are scheduled one month in advance.
- Learning the required procedures and the use of the equipment and software provided.
- Escorting claimants to the hearing room, ensuring they understand the process of the hearing.
- Setting up the digital recording equipment and ensuring it is functioning properly prior to the start of each hearing.
- Operating the equipment and annotating the digital recording in order to provide an index of events during the hearing process.
- Submitting a complete and audible digital recording of the hearing, including exhibits offered by the claimant or representative.
Candidates must be comfortable with technology, including the use of computers, digital recording equipment, teleconferencing equipment, and smartphones. Excellent typing skills (minimum 30 wpm), a professional demeanor, and good communication and listening skills are essential. Candidates must display compassion when dealing with claimants and maintain the confidentiality of their personal information. This position requires vehicle ownership for certain locations and a smartphone, since reliable transportation and communication with the home office and Team Lead is critical. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a contract position. Previous experience as a transcriptionist is helpful, but not required.
It will be necessary to apply for and obtain a security clearance, which will include fingerprinting. StratComm will assist in this process.
StratComm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.
- High school or equivalent
We are currently seeking candidates in several locations across the country.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.